Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love the grocery store!!!

It is funny...I used to hate the grocery store...I have NEVER liked going...ever!!! Now, I can't wait to go!!! I love finding the deals and trying to "beat" my friends on savings....of course I love sharing the deals so they can save too! It just makes it all so fun...and saving money--well who doesn't love that!!! It almost feels like I am doing something wrong....and I want to tell everyone that I see in the store to clip the coupons...it is all so easy....takes a bit of time BUT unless you can just afford to throw away money--and that is what I have done until now...I love it...have I said that? I am contributing money to the bottom line...they are right...it is a part time job....but doesn't my family deserve it? I say YES!!!! Thank you so much to the coupon ladies!!!!



Publix: spent $61.51....saved $102.13
Bought:
10 Mueller Pasta
4 Classico Pasta Sauces
10 Kellogg's pop tarts
2 Tropicana OJ's
8 Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix
20 Green Giant canned veggies
Bananas
2 Muir Glenn diced tomatoes
3 Renuzit triscent starter kits
2 Kraft M & Cheese dinners
3 Angel Soft 4-double rolls
6 Mentos gum

Walgreen's: spent $14.61....saved.......$71.96 (this includes the rebate)
4 Glade Lasting Impression fan...
4 Glade Sense and Spray

Total spent: $76.12
Total saved: $174.09

I have to say....my Publix receipt is the longest one I have ever had....It is just a little short...like 1/2 an inch--of 4 feet!!! Yep....this one is hanging at the desk!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly and Kasey said...

Michelle,
Glad you are doing so well and saving so much money. You can send us pics and savings. I know you gave me your email address, but we have had so many sign up for our class this week, that I don't know which one is yours. I think it started with mlt70@??
Thanks
Kasey & Kelly