Tuesday, May 6, 2008

If you don't set goals, you will NEVER reach them!




I can't wait until our activities wind down this month! My goal is to set goals! I want to make out my budget and get to My Total Money Makeover!!! Jennifer at All Things Frugal is always reminding me I can do better! So, I added up what we spent on eating out in the last 30 days--and remember we are limited in that area--and I was sick at what we spent! So with Dave and his cash system at the grocery store, using more coupons and cutting back in the just plain wasteful spending.....I am excited to see what we will do!!!!

So, I checked out Aldi's and was not disappointed!! I spend $53 and was amazed at all that I got! I have been told that most of the things people have bought there are as good as name brands and they do carry some name brands. As gas and grocery costs keep creeping higher, I am finding I am not such a brand name snob on my food! I have been slowly venturing into store brands here and there over the last year or so but am cranking it up as my check out prices keep getting higher! I am finding my taste buds are OK with everything I have tried to date! The pictures at the top are of all the things I bought for $53!!! Fresh fruits and Veggies, bread, eggs, pizzas, ground turkey, french toast sticks, cereal, spaghetti and sauce, salsa, cookies, ham, shredded cheese, sliced cheese, cinnamon rolls.....ooohhhh...I can't wait to go back and save more money!

No comments: