Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gas is making everything higher

In case you didn't know....how could you not.....the prices at the grocery store are effected....my friend's lawn mowing service has a gas surcharge....and now I just noticed my electric bill is higher--depends on how much you use but I did the math and we are paying 10-11 dollars more this month!!! So...what am I doing...continuing to look at the store ads for the good deals, and working on getting even better at coupons! I saved about $25 between coupons and BOGOs and store sales yesterday.....but I know I can do better....I am working on stockpiling up what I can when it is on sale....next week, I want to see if I can not go to the grocery store at all and use things on our shelves....it is a shame to say we have nothing to eat....when there are people who really don't.....so looking over the pantry and freezer, I will make my menu for next week.....other than a few staples....I think I can spend almost nothing on groceries this week.

Since we bought that car in March, I am on a mission to pay it off in 18 months or less...preferably less!!! Debt free--that includes the house is less than 4 years away!!!

No comments: